Re: gEDA-user: C/DataDraw beats C++/STL on EDA-like benchmarks

Bill Cox wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I've recently benchmarked DataDraw (datadraw.sf.net) graph databases vs
> GNU C++ graphs built using STL lists.  Large graphs (4 million nodes)
> were built in the shape of a mesh.  Then, simple depth first traversals
> were performed starting from a corner, a hundred times.
>
> The C/DataDraw based implementation ran 15X faster than the C++/STL
> version, while using less than half the memory.

I'd just like to point out that Bill has reworked datadraw so that you
can build the whole tool from source on linux/netbsd/solaris/whatever
now.  In years past, one complaint was that the datadraw frontend was a
windows gui and it made it a bit of a pain for non-windows users.  This
is no longer an issue.

The upshot is datadraw is now a viable option for someone wanting to
work on large scale netlist and other eda database manipulator programs.

-Dan