Re: gEDA-user: Ground +5V confusion

Sounds like a netlist bug to me.  If you are getting round ring rats on
the 5V line and you only have a ground plane, then I suspect the netlist
has something odd in it.  In order for the round ring rat to show up, 5V
  has to be connected to ground someplace already.  If not in the net
list, then some earlier connection caused the short and made the rats
show up.

-dave