From: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DJ Delorie
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 22:56
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Assign polygon/rectangle to a net in PCB

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html#SMT-Blinker
(unfinished)

Planes are not "assigned" to nets, they're connected to them.  Connect
one pad (using the thermal tool or traces (make sure "settings->new
lines clear polygons" is NOT selected)) and press "o" to optimize
rats.  Then PCB knows which pins go to the plane instead of to other
pins.  You still have to connect them all manually, but at least it
indicates them correctly.