Re: gEDA-user: VDD/VSS net confusion

--- John Luciani <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is no other component connected to VSS and VDD which is why
> you get this error. I would create a 4017 symbol with power pins and use
> nets to connect the pins to the power supply.

That sorted it out. I still don't get why it didn't realize I was
connecting other stuff to 'vdd' as well, but nevermind, it works now.
Thanks John and everybody else who responded to the thread.

For reference in case somebody sees this thread in the future:
I opened 4017.sym  with gschem, edit->show inv text, removed the
vss/vdd and added two pins, vdd(pin no 16) and vss (pin no 8).
Set the pintype to "in".

Thanks again everybody,
Vassilis