Re: gEDA-user: Unplated pin with one-side copper ring

John Luciani wrote:
>    On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Tamas Szabo <[1]sza2king@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>    wrote:
>
>      Hi,
>      Can I make a pin without plating and put the footprint only to the
>      component side? If yes, how can I do it?
>
>    It sounds like you want a copper ring with an unplated hole. IIRC
>    pins create copper on both sides.

Is this mean that I unable to create a pin with one-side pattern? Or is
it still possible some how?

>    A square pad with rounded corners is a circle. You could try placing a
>    mounting hole in the center of a component side square pad with
>    rounded corners. The fab may not produce a clean edge on the hole.

Actually, I need to create a pinboard (bed of nails), in which case,
sometimes (hopefully never) I should remove the solder from the pins to
be able to remove the board itself and this operation is extremely hard
if the holes are plated and soldered on both sides.

Do anyone plan to implement this kind of functionality in pcb?

/sza2