Re: gEDA-user: PCB: How to make a set of traces wider

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 09:52:54PM +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> I have drawn some copper areas for my DC/DC-converters with traces 1 mm
> width with 1 mm grid, so the traces touch, but do not really overlap.
> Now I want to ensure that there is no minimal gap in the gerbers.

I think you should be okay.  Polygons are sliced by the "dicer" which
cuts them vertically through each hole until the results are outlines
with no inner cutouts.  The gerber export uses that dicer, so any
gerber with a polygon already contains copper areas that exactly touch
but don't overlap.  You can see it if you look at a gerber with a plane
with holes (eg from pins) in 'outline' mode.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>