Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist failing checks

Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 20:00 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
>> is anyone else seeing 'make check' failing some tests in gnetlist?
>>
>> -Dan
>
> git HEAD works for me.
>
> Which tests do you see failing?

Several.  I've fixed them though.

The root cause of the problm was twofold.

1) gnetlist was being called  as "gnetlist" instead of
"$(top_builddir)/src/gnetlist" in a couple of places.  I had a very old
gnetlist in my PATH.

2) gnetlist was looking in the *install* location for its scheme files
instead of in the source tree for some (but not all) tests.  There were
scheme files in the install location that were moderately out of date.

Oh, and the last one was I didn't have pcb installed in the path that
gnetlist thought it should be for PCBboard.

The one thing I ran into is that there is still a problem if building
outside the source tree since a couple of the scheme files get generated
as build time.  The implication is we need to teach gnetlist how do deal
with a scheme search path instead of a single directory or I need to
teach the build system to copy all the $(top_srcdir)/scheme files over
to $(top_builddir)/scheme (if srcdir != builddir).

-Dan