Re: gEDA-user: SPICE models for voltage regulators: 78L12, 79L12, 78L15, 79L15, ...

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM, michalwd1979<michalwd1979@xxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm working with spice quite a lot and good models (especially for newer parts) is a nightmare. As for 78xx/79xx I would just use power supply and possibly a resistor or inductor to simulate non ideal behavior - I use this approach and works right for me.

What I was really interested in is understanding how different
configurations effect ripple. Unfortunately, since I'm not an
engineer, I'm mostly reliant on finding existing models and piecing
things together. But even creating a simple equivalent circuit is a
little beyond my abilities. Anyway I suppose I'll just build a basic
78L15AC/79L15AC circuit and see what happens.

Thanks,
Mike