Re: gEDA-user: SPICE models for voltage regulators: 78L12, 79L12, 78L15,79L15, ...

Hello,
I'm working with spice quite a lot and good models (especially for newer parts) is a nightmare. As for 78xx/79xx I would just use power supply and possibly a resistor or inductor to simulate non ideal behavior - I use this approach and works right for me.

There are some libraries for spice that can be downloaded (Linear Systems, Analog Devices, and others) but I have a very bad opinion about them. Once I had a library that begun with 2 pages "notice" that told me that this is property of X company, that I'm almost braking the low by using it and that they do not take any responsibility for what is inside. The models were a totally random collection of parts made for different flavors of spice/ngspice/xspice/spice4/ect not compatible with each other and generally useless.
OK this was extreme case, but the tendency is to go in that direction.

Regards,
Michael