Re: gEDA-user: Building gaf from git HEAD

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 17:40 +0100, Gareth Edwards wrote:
> One of my gEDA/gaf installs I haven't updated for a while has fallen
> to bits after I updated to git HEAD.
>
> make reconfig is reporting:
>
> configure.ac:14: required file `config.h.in' not found
>
> at various places - is this important?
>
> make config is then failing at:
>
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
> make: *** [libgeda_config] Error 1
>
> which seems as if it might be related.
>
> I've tried all combinations of make reconfig, config, clean, maint I
> can think of. System is Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty running under virtualbox.

When did you update? I thought Peter B fixed something related at some
point today (around 11AM).

This is the autogen.sh rule which runs if it spots AM_CONFIG_HEADER in
the configure.ac.in:

      if grep "^AM_CONFIG_HEADER" $configure_script >/dev/null; then
	echo "autogen.sh running: autoheader ..."
	autoheader
      fi

I suspect you might need to step into the libgeda dir and run
"./autogen.sh" directly. It might also be useful to re-run "make
reconfig" at the toplevel afterwards - assuming the other packages need
doing too.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,