Re: gEDA-user: PCB trace routing problem.

> I've been working on a project
> using a ancient versions of PCB

How ancient?  Have you tried newer versions?

> and gEDA for an hour or two a week for three years or so. I've sort
> of learned how to use both programs, and drawn a pile of symbols and
> footprints. I've got the components placed where I'm happy with most
> of them.
>
> Drawing traces was going for a while, but now when I go to draw a
> trace, I'm having problems. When drawing the first segment all is
> well, all the connected pads highlight, but it appears that the
> trace, when drawn is not on the same net as the pads it's connected
> to. The new trace does not rubber band when components it should be
> connected to move. The new trace causes any further new traces that
> should also be on the same net to avoid it when the auto DRC is on.
> Additionally, ratsnest lines do not disappear when a new trace is
> drawn between connected pads.

Sounds like the trace is on the wrong layer, and isn't actually
connected to the pad.  Check the layer groupings and make sure that
layer is in the same group as the "component" or "solder" layer
(depending on which side you think it's on).