gEDA-user: gschem "handles" are tied to schematic size, not screen size

I am working on some intricate gschem symbols.

If a line is selected, a square-shaped handle appears on each end.
However, when I zoom in these handles become bigger.  This defeats the
point of zooming in, because it remains extremely difficult select the
small lines among all the overlapping handles.

Can this behavior be changed, so the boxes are scaled relative to my screen?

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--