gEDA-user: text labels on symbols, DRY, colon cancer, and redundant, repetitive redundancy.

In http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scg, referring to the "device=" attribute:

> This attribute should not be used as a label. Use a separate text object for the label.

What is the reasoning behind this?  This is pointless redundancy.
And it makes using "light" symbols harder, because you need different
symbols for different device= attributes, or else there is no
schematic-visible way to differentiate between them.

Also, I notice that the power supply symbols have a separate text
label and hidden net= label with a ":1" appended.  In fact, it is
necesary to append a :1 to the end of any net= attribute.  This is
ugly.  And it makes the redundant text label necessary to avoid adding
the information-free ":1" onto the schematic.

Would anyone be opposed to having the netlister assume a :1 for net=
attributes without a colon?

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail