Re: gEDA-user: Simple TL082 GNU-Cap Simulation

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM, al davis<ad252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 June 2009, Michael B Allen wrote:
>> Is there a trick to using this model?
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> You forgot to plug in the J-Fet.
>
> The Jfet model is not built-in.
>
> The stable version doesn't have a Jfet.  The snapshot requires a
> plugin.  There is one in the  "models-spice3f5" tarball.
>
> http://gnucap-2009-06-11-models-spice3f5.tar.gz
>
> get it, go to "jfet" .. "make" ... you get a "jfet.so" ..  copy
> it to your workspace  .. then put the command "load ./jfet.so"
> ahead of anything else.
>

> I need to change the error handler.  Failure to find a model
> should stop batch mode.  As it stands, you get a warning and it
> tries to run it with a part missing.

I see. Yeah, using SPICE instead of GNU-Cap gives exactly the results
I expected. The output plots right over the input.

I think I'll just go with SPICE for now. Since I'm not an EE I'm just
trying to validate the circuit before I build it.

Regarding Steven's comment, I did not intend for that RC to be a high
pass filter. I thought 1/(2 * 3.14 * 1000000 * 0.0000001) = 1.59 Hz?

Mike