gEDA-user: Multivibrator Simulation

Hi,

I'm trying to run a simple multivibrator simulation but both SPICE and
GNU-Cap do not yield anything that even oscillates. Here is the
circuit:

  http://207.192.69.113/~miallen/mv_1.pdf

Is there anything wrong with this? Is there any trick to getting
something like this to work?

Also, ultimately I want to build this circuit for the purpose of
testing and calibrating a buffer circuit for a sound card
oscilloscope. Can someone suggest how I might modify the circuit to:

  1. Control the amplitude so that I can use the square wave as a
reference voltage to calibrate the oscilloscope software. Perhaps if I
use a diode I know when I reach 0.6 V? Or can I just measure the
square wave with a volt meter and compute the DC levels of the square
wave horizontals?

  2. Make the primary frequency adjustable between 20 Hz and 20 KHz

Note that I'm not an EE and I'm using gspiceui. I'm just trying to
validate the theory before I start messing around with wires and such.

Mike