Re: gEDA-user: CNC Milling

   I have heard of people using a regular CNC mill or mini mill like a
   sherline.  The real trick is to have a very fast spindle speed ~50,000
   RPMS.  I have a PCB mill that I built, but I still have to finish my
   stepper motor drivers.  The hardest part is the file conversion for
   driving the milling.  I use gcode files to drive EMC (linux cnc
   software for controlling a machine).
   I have been working on a program to convert generic gerber files to
   gcode files that most CNC software understands.  However, it is not
   quite ready for production use yet.  I am still working on the logic
   for converting all the shapes that touch into the largest outside
   path.  If you want more information about converting gerbers to gcode
   take a look at source forge or send me an email and I will point you
   to what I know.
   Matthew

   On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 6:56 AM, spuzzdawg