Re: gEDA-user: autorouter fixes and enhancements

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 23:42 -0400, Harry Eaton wrote:
>
>> A bunch of fixes and enhancements to the original pcb autorouter
>>    should now be available in the git repository.
>>

> I wonder if the PCB autorouter should be more closely bound to the
> gschem schematics. For example, in the schematics we may specify
> priority of nets (fast signals, power, ...), trace width or clearance
> for net segments. Maybe by attributes? I have no idea how commercial EDA
> software handles this.

Just being able to attach an attribute that said "this is a power net,
use a larger trace" would be very handy--- and would have saved me
screwing up a board or two where I accidentally put down a signal-sized
trace instead...

Seems like since PCB already gets device attribute information for
footprints, etc. (at least indirectly), perhaps the mechanism it needs
to get net attribute information is already there?

b.g.