Re: gEDA-user: pcb wishes

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:14:31 -0500, Mark Rages wrote:

> 1) offset command.  Clones a line or arc at a user-entered distance.
> Like mechanical CAD programs.

ACK. Multicopy would be nice, indeed. I used this a lot when working with
protel98.

> 2) direct entry of absolute / relative co-ordinates ala CAD.   Beats
> counting dots on the snap grid, especially for footprint design.

MoveObject(X,Y,unit)
simple numbers for X and Y are absolute coordinates. If prefixed with "+"
or "-", the move is relative. unit can be "mm", or "mil". If no unit is
given, the intenal units of pcb are used (A fraction of a mil).

I am not aware of a GUI to access this feature.

> 3) via placement that respects DRC.

This has hurt me too.

> 4) run DRC after recalculating rats.  (I recalculate rats obsessively
> after routing each net, and I want early warning if I broke a rule.)

Yet another missing feature of pcb when compared to protel98. This EDA
app tests some design rules immediately after an action is performed.
Presumably these are the that don't consume too many cycles. If I
remember correctly, this is mainly applies to minimum distance.

---<(kaiamrtin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: