Re: gEDA-user: slotting and power pins

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:32:14 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:

> I had a thought which might solve both of these issues. If a special
> character was defined for slotting which indicated that the pin should
> be excluded from the schematic that character could be used in place of
> the power pin slot.

This can only fix the special case of slotted symbols with power pins.
However, the more general case that needs to be solved, is a component
that is associated with several different symbols. This is the case if
power pins are dealt with a separate symbol, or if a large component is
divided into several building blocks.

With such multi-part symbol components order in the *.sch file is
important. gnetlist only gets the footprint right if the footprint
attribute is attached to the symbol of the component. Since the user
usually has no control on the order in the file, this can lead to
unexpected results.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak