Re: gEDA-user: RFC: Towards a better symbol/package pin-mapping strategy (was: Re: slotting and power pins)

Bert Timmerman <bert.timmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> got cvs co working
> Simply typing make barfs the following:
> [snipped]

<smart ass mode>
Your OS is too modern.  Install something that is at least 25 years
obsolete and try again.
</smart ass mode>

Seriously though, Ineiev has already told me that ultra-modern versions
of gcc refuse to compile uEDA as distributed by me.  So you need to
apply some local patches of your own to port it to your modern OS.

uEDA is developed on/under/for 4.3BSD-Quasijarus, my own version of UNIX
that very faithfully maintains the traditions of UNIX Version 7 and
Berkeley VAX UNIX.  The C compiler maintains strict compatibility with
the K&R C standard aka C78.

uEDA does however compile OK under Slackware 10.2 and RHEL 4.  Lots of
warnings, but no fatal errors, so I just ignore them.

MS