gEDA-user: PCB keystrokes no longer functioning

   Hi,
   Last week I installed gEDA-bundle using fink (also updated to XQuartz
   2.1.6) and PCB and all its keystrokes worked just fine.  The last time
   I used PCB was on Friday.  However, upon opening PCB today (three days
   later) the keystrokes don't seem to be functioning correctly: space
   does nothing at all instead of entering select mode, the slash zooms
   in and out instead of toggling between _/ and \_ modes, and esc does
   not enter panning mode and when drawing lines (actually esc now
   toggles between line modes).  What is causing this abrupt problem, and
   what can I do to fix it?
   Thanks,
   -Irena