Re: gEDA-user: funny gnetlist warning

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:45:57 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:

>> No. And I don't wish to, too.
>
> I actually meant the underscore in "value=RIA_connect" - maybe it is not
> the footprint name it is complaining about.

I should have read the warning more closely:
The offending detail was commas in the value attribute.

Some questions spring to mind: Why are considered bad in this context? If
commas in the netlist are not allowed and cannot be escaped, why not just
replace them silently with an underscore? Is there any case when I need
to be warned about the replacement?

Suggestion: If the warning should remain, the wording should be more
explicit. Maybe along the lines:

Warning: commas in component value have been replaced by underscores.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: