gEDA-user: 3D Directed Graph / CAD Software for Direct Wiring Layouts?

I have had great success with using the Dia diagramming program for
doing perfboard prototype layouts. Now I am contemplating direct
wiring or possibly a combination of stacking surfboards and direct
wiring. For this, I think a 3D visualization tool would be very
important.

Does anyone know of 3D directed graph software? I'm looking for
something like one of those molecule viewers where you can click and
drag things to rotate them but also like a CAD tool where I can define
a cylinder or block with dimensions and so on.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? Preferrably free and Free?

Mike