Re: gEDA-user: Diode pin numbers reversed?

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:57:50PM -0700, Matthew Lai wrote:
> Am I having a brain fart or does the stock diode-1 symbol have opposite
> pin numbers as the ALF300 footprint?

EDA vendors never get it right, so how could gEDA?

Really I edit my footprints and diode symbols to use A and K,
netlisters complain, of course, at least for single diodes,
since it wants the pin number to end with a digit (why?, it
is also painful for transistors).

However since now I use more often dual (or more) packages,
I don't have this problem: the netlister is happy with A1,
K1, A2 and K2 (as if it were a BGA!)

Now the right solution to avoid having a proliferation
of symnbols might be to have a way to specify attributes
that map from pin name to pin numbers on every instance.

	Gabriel