gEDA-user: Structure of Iverilog Windows Version

   Hi,

   I have downloaded the windows version of icarus verilog version 0.8.1.7
   from [1]http://bleyer.org/icarus/. When I install the executable, I get
   the executable vlpp.exe ivl.exe. in the lib\ivl directory. I know that
   vlpp.exe is the preprocessor. But I do not know what is ivl.exe used
   for. When I run ivl.exe separately, using the -h option the output is
   similar to vlpp.exe.

   What is ivl.exe and what is it used for?

   Is it like a backend for iverilog.exe?

   Regards,

   Ronnie