gEDA-user: Export to SVG or visio

I'm looking for a way to export gschem drawings to a format that a
client might be able to edit. Probably they don't have gschem, but some
people do have Visio, or maybe Omnigraffle on a Mac. I think either of
these programs can import SVG, which might be a better option since it
doesn't tie anything to a proprietary format.

I've found some evidence that SVG export might be possible, but not much
explanation how. Does anyone have some idea how it might be possible?