Re: gEDA-user: Two things ... or actually, three

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 11:41:13AM +0900, John Doty wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2011, at 1:30 AM, Colin D Bennett wrote:
>
> >   Power and ground connections are a critical part of the circuit
> >   design but would not be visible when looking at the schematic!
>
> It depends on the job. If there are rigorous global rules governing these connections, putting them explicitly in the schematic could be considered distracting clutter.

In order to reduce the distracting clutter our ex-USSR standards did
require to have such power and ground pin info in the schematic in a
textual form. For example:
	"Connect pins 7 of DD1-DD4, DD7 and DD14 to GND.
	Connect pins 14 of DD1-DD4, DD7 and DD14 to +5V..."
That way you don't have to draw "unnecessary" pins and symbols saving
all required information.
I believe such information could be added using some script.

--
VZh