Re: gEDA-user: import schematics with local footprints

Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ethan Swint wrote:
>
>> I've got the line
>> (component-library-search "/../../footprints")
>> in my gafrc file.  Does that set a priority?
>
> I just double checked. This setting does not seem to affect the
> choice of footprints in any way.

Correct.

> The term components in the context of gafrc exclusively refers to
> symbols. (Why is the parameter not called "symbol-search-path"?)

I don't know the reason, but let's make one up: because the entries in
the file format are called "component entries" and begin with the letter
"C".  It's not like it can be changed now anyway.

> For gsch2cb the path to the footprint lib is set by the parameter
> --elements-dir on the command line, or in a project file.
> (Why isn't it "--footprint-dir"?)

Because the PCB file format calls them elements?

                                    Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group