Re: gEDA-user: web version of gschem/pcb

On 06/20/2011 02:00 PM, Josh Jordan wrote:
     web-geda would save and load files in the current geda format and only
     draw in SVG.  SVG is really efficient to parse in javascript, panning
     and zooming will as responsive or more responsive than desktop-geda.
     SVG also has built in events such as mouseover and click that work on
     vector elements.

That could be good.  At first I thought you were thinking of going towards
an outline based shape description instead of the centerline and thickness
description of traces.  Using SVG just for the web rendering without
changing the underlying functions is something that would help my customers
use kit products and add on to them with a zero install UI running on my server.

That would be great.  It might add extra work for maintainers of pcb though.
Do you think it could be done as a plugin that leaves the main code development
as is?

John