      From: John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Subject: Re: gEDA-user: web version of gschem/pcb
      Date: Monday, June 20, 2011, 6:23 PM

    On 06/20/2011 02:00 PM, Josh Jordan wrote:
    >      web-geda would save and load files in the current geda format
    and only
    >      draw in SVG.  SVG is really efficient to parse in javascript,
    panning
    >      and zooming will as responsive or more responsive than
    desktop-geda.
    >      SVG also has built in events such as mouseover and click that
    work on
    >      vector elements.
    That could be good.  At first I thought you were thinking of going
    towards
    an outline based shape description instead of the centerline and
    thickness
    description of traces.  Using SVG just for the web rendering without
    changing the underlying functions is something that would help my
    customers
    use kit products and add on to them with a zero install UI running on
    my server.
    That would be great.  It might add extra work for maintainers of pcb
    though.
    Do you think it could be done as a plugin that leaves the main code
    development
    as is?
    John