Re: gEDA-user: PCB DRC accuracy?

On 6/21/2011 6:53 AM, Richard Rasker wrote:
So I wonder what tolerance PCB's DRC has? I realize that 0.006 mm (6
micron) is a tiny distance, but it can make all the difference between
an accepted and rejected board -- and thus delay in the manufacturing
process.

I wonder too. I've often set my DRC clearance to 4+/-.1 mils to get it through Advanced Circuits 4 mil spec. I would consider this a known bug. Of course I don't know if anyone indeed knows about it.(!)

The code for DRC may round up and down for mathematical precision, but should not be rounding but padding all 'rounded' computations in preference of more clearance.

Phil