      From: Phil Taylor <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Subject: Re: gEDA-user: gschem add net problem
      Date: Friday, June 24, 2011, 10:50 PM

    I usually draw net stubs coming off any long net for the visual safety
    of seeing each one fully drawn.  The risks of not doing it this way
    seem to great.  It also makes different sized symbols fit in parallel
    without issue.
    So for three parallel symbols sharing one net there would be at least
    four net line segments graphically.  (one stem and three stubs).
    Compared to the effort one takes to create a full schematic, this small
    extra bit of drawing matters little.
    Regards, Phil
    Signature
    On Jun 24, 2011, at 7:25 PM, Tim Holmes <[1]holmes.tc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > OK, I think I finally see it.  In the example below, I would need to
    place a net from the pin of the middle resistor to the net connecting
    the outer two resistors.  I can't just drop the pin of a part on an
    existing net.

    > Tim
    >

    > On 06/24/2011 06:48 PM, Phil Taylor wrote:
    >> On 6/24/2011 4:06 PM, Tim Holmes wrote:
    >>> But if I try moving the middle resistor, it does not rubberband
    like the two
    >>> outside ones.  This happens  whenever I try to install a symbol on
    a net.

    >>> I can get it to work by moving the part off the line and connecting
    another net
    >>> to it manually.  But as soon as I try to move it back into
    position, the
    >>> connection goes away, and it will not rubberband.
    >>
    >> Gschem will convert net segments into a single line segment if they
    are drawn, or moved to, a straight line.

    >> If you only drew one line segment to start with, it will be only
    editable by the handles on its endpoints (it is a line segment).