Re: gEDA-user: Remove solder mask from polygons

On 6/29/2011 9:23 AM, George Boudreau wrote:
    I am working on a micro-stripline layout and the presence of the
    soldermask on portions of the board will cause problems. With gEDA/pcb
    micro-stripline work is a drafting task consisting of numerous
    polygons. Is there a method/switch that will allow me to remove blocks
    of the solder mask.

You could create footprints in your text editor of copper free pads with the appropriate mask clearance to suit your needs. A small set of rectangular parts ought to work.

I've done this for other parts, but thinking about it there has always been some copper there to grab onto in PCB. So I'm not sure you'll have anything to select in PCB if there is no copper but the approach has worked for me in other similar situations.

Phil Taylor