Re: gEDA-user: pcb vs. solaris

On Mar 23, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Levente KOVACS wrote:
THANKS!!!! Finaly, it works! And I am realy happy with it! Realy! I can
now forget my PC about engeneering!

Thanks again!

Have fun, and... no, not Linux! Solaris...
Excellent! Congratulations!

I use Solaris and MacOS X for all my engineering work, except for the Xilinx FPGA/CPLD software (WebPACK) which I run under a Windows emulator under MacOS X.

Both Solaris and MacOS X make excellent platforms for this kind of work, and there's very little in the PC world that can touch the performance and reliability of even a previous-generation UltraSPARC machine.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
Cape Coral, FL reboot and upgrade." -Jonathan Patschke