Re: gEDA-user: pcb vs. solaris

On Mar 23, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Levente KOVACS wrote:
* What version of bison/yacc do you have? Also, if you are using an
autoconf-based version, do you see any errors in the configure log?
I have bison-1.75. I have compiled from spurce. Yes, I have errors...
.
.
configure:2914: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lfl   >&5
ld: fatal: library -lfl: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
-lfl (libfl.a) is the Flex library, -ll (libl.a) is the lex library. In order to have a functional installation of either flex or lex, you need to have both the programs (flex/lex) and the libraries (libfl.a/libl.a). Bison and yacc use liby.a.

I have successfully built pcb v1.99p under Solaris9 on an UltraSPARC-based machine. I have flex v2.5.4 installed. I have not tried to build it with the Solaris-supplied lex.

You can grab flex in source form from ftp.gnu.org, in directory /gnu/non-gnu/flex. Alternatively, you may be able to find it in precompiled form from http://www.sunfreeware.com.

If you absolutely can't get it built, I am happy to provide you with the binaries I built, assuming you're running Solaris on a SPARC machine. Let me know if that would help.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
Cape Coral, FL reboot and upgrade." -Jonathan Patschke