Re: gEDA-user: Building geda under Windows

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 01:01:08AM -0500, Al Davis wrote:

When this happens it is usually because the author has no way of knowing there is a problem.
Usually it's more a problem of choosing inappropriate tools (e.g. using a low-level language like C for an application that's neither low-level itself nor especially performance critical) or relying on GNU-specific behaviour and options.
As a start, people should put the POSIX man-pages first in MANSECT so they only see the options that work on any POSIX platform. It's really invaluable that they're available now.

When you fix it, please send the info to the maintainer of the package.
That's what I always do, of course (did it three times yesterday :) ). No use in fixing it only for myself, since I'd need to backport the patches on each upstream update. Not to speak of the other users that now don't need to fix it themselves, so I might even have done someone a favour.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/