Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

Hey y'all,

Whew I finally got that dns mail server address thing figured out.

As I understand it this is a discussion has moved to text based file formats. Or more correctly a discussion of how numbers are represented within a text based files.

With the exception of numbers that are unitless (pi being the classic) I would like to see files define the expected measurement system (e.g metric, english or old english).

How about a statement like the following at the start of a land pattern

MeasurementStandard (OldEnglish)

This would allow me to define a pad in terms of milirods-rods (a milirod being ~0.198 mils) I am open to considering using nano-furlongs ( 0.079 mils) if a higher resolution is needed.

If anyone would like to join me in proposing a standard to the EU for lead free parts where the unit of measurment would be the bushel please contact me.

Cheers,

Steve Meier