Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:26:52 -0600
Bill Wilson <billw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >     Is it possible to obtain the current locale, save it, then change to
> > the output locale, save the file, then restore the original locale?
>
> Oh that's right, the setlocale() call could be used to change
> the LC_NUMERIC when needed.  If all the places where this
> is needed is identified, PCB can be set up to start entirely
> in the users locale.

To follow up one more time (sorry for the confusion).

If LC_NUMERIC is now "C" until we can wrap all data file writes with setlocale(),
then switching later to starting PCB under the users locale will leave the
preferences file out of sync.  So I've gone ahead and added a decimal point
check while reading preferences so the future transition won't cause problems.

So, data files are now "C" and always will be.  User preference files are now "C"
and will change to users locale later, but the check I just added should make
that transparent.

On the other hand, for anyone downloading recent gpcb tarballs over the last
couple of days, your preference file may have lost decimal point precision.
So get this latest tarball and before running it edit your ~/.pcb/preferences file.
If you see values zero'ed out in the [reals] section, you've been hit with this
problem and probably should just delete the entire [reals] section.  Then restart
gpcb and the increment values should be back to their default values.

Bill