Re: gEDA-user: Gattrib bugs fixed (hopefully). Please test!!

Hi Carlos --

> The problem is finally because of libgtk. I tried with several versions
> and:
> 	- 2.2.4: Work!!
> 	- 2.4.1: Fail!!
> 	- 2.4.14: Fail!!

Hmmm. . . .  I've been looking into this and have a few ideas.  Can
you please help me with them?

First, can you please run gdb on the coredump you get after the
program barfs?  It would be interesting to see a backtrace.  I would
like to know which fcn call is the one causing the prog to die.

> So something seems to have changed between 2.2.4 and 2.4 ... what I
> don't understand is why gattrib works with gtk2.4 for you and don't work
> for me... :(

Do you have Spanish language turned on when you build gEDA/gattrib?
Some of the Pango stuff used to draw cells  and other graphical
widgets relies on the I18N stuff.  I am wondering if something is
misconfigured for a Spanish build, or if I have not done the right
thing for I18N.  I wonder if anybody has tried to build gattrib in,
say, German?

If you have Spanish turned on, can you perhaps try to build the prog
in English and see if it dies again?   I can try the same here, but I
don't know how I18N is done.  Environment variables?  I'll look into
this. . . .

> I guess that if you find how to add the "default_border" and
> "default_outside_border" properties to gtksheet, gattrib has more
> probabilities of begin working (GTK won't complain about them).

The border stuff is set in the gtksheet_2_2.c file, in fcns like
gtk_sheet_cell_draw_border.  default_border is not set in these fcns.
I wonder if Pango (or some such) is supposed to set them & there is a
problem with the I18N stuff?

Thanks for your help!

Stuart