Re: gEDA-user: gEDA, where are the loadable examples?

Gene,

> First, total noob to gEDA.

I'm just slightly ahead of you here...  I'll see if I can answer
some of your questions.

> The subject says it all I think.  I've run gerbv and gEDA now, and
> cannot find any loadable examples.  Are there some?

If you installed "geda-examples-20041228.tar.gz" there are several
examples in there (gTAG, lightning_detector, ...)

> Opening up firefox and finding the html docs, I have arrived
> at that page of the gschem totorial where there are some
> sample commands to check the install.
>
> That link is:
> <file:///opt/geda-install/share/doc/geda-doc/gschem/node5.html>
> and these 4 commands are to be issued:
>         libgeda-config --version
> bash: libgeda-config: command not found
>
>         gesym-config --version
> bash: gesym-config: command not found

This part of the documentation is obsolete.  Your installation is
likely okay.

> Also, in grepping for the chip building blocks I'd need, none of
> the 3 main chips '82c55', 'L298' or 'L297' I need seem to be present.

That's simply because none of the existing gEDA users have had a need
for these symbols.  What I do in this case if find a symbol that is
close to the one I need and modify it.

http://www.geda.seul.org/tools/symbols/contrib.html

> Thats enough dumb questions for one day I think.

The only dumb question is the un-asked one   ;)

Cheers,

Jean-Francois