Re: gEDA-user: Getting a grip on designators in PCB?

On Sunday 20 March 2005 01:09 am, Stephen Meier wrote:

> I have had similar experiences. Often when I can't grip the designator I
> grab then entire foot print move it a bit and then see if i can grip the
> designator.

That did not help.  This morning when I reloaded that test case I could not
get a hold of either R1 or R2.  Any part that I added after those worked fine.
It acts like there is some uninitialized variable during the file load
process.

I wonder if that is why some of the designators start out in the upper left
outside of the element, and some start out rotated 90-degrees half inside the
element on the right?  That is what sent me down this path, I was starting a
new design.  Half the designators where outside on the left, the other half
inside on the right, and I could not move any of them.

I just tried saving the test case file back out and reading it back in, then I
can move both R1 and R2 designators on the reread file.

This is the only notable difference that I see related to the elements:

This test case file has this:

Element(0x0 "2010" "R2" "1K" -147 -128 0 100 0x0)

The reread file has this:

Element[0x00000000 "2010" "R2" "1K" 80000 42000 -14700 -12800 0 100
0x00000000]

There are the two extra numbers after the "1K".  The -147/-128 are the
designator position, what are 80000 and 42000?