gEDA-user: easy way to change pad size/shape?

with my cnc mill im sure you can understand that its a LOT easier to
mill octagonal and square pads (and trace bends with sharp edges) than
it is to mill circular pads.  it takes a LOT less computation and mill
time over all.  so.  is there any mildly easy way to change all the
pads to squares or octagons without making new footprints for
everything?  i also often find a pad is slightly too small once it's
milled and drilled due to the angle of my endmill's head cutting into
the space a little.  is there a way to change the size of pads without
making new symbols?  im sorta new to pcb since the xaw version was
terribly broken for me.  gtk version works like a charm though.

handsome greg
http://www.lipstick-killers.com