Re: gEDA-user: usability of DRC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:06:54 -0800
Matt Ettus <boyscout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've run into 2 issues with the GUI for DRC --
>
> First, if I keep hitting "cancel to continue", the log window fills
> up.  During this process, the scrollbar on the log window is disabled,
> so I can't scroll down.  The only way I can scroll down is to "cancel"
> the DRC by hitting "OK".  This is in the GTK version.
>

> The second issue is that hitting "Cancel to continue" violates every
> user interface guideline I've ever seen.  The dialog should read
> something like "Press OK to continue checking" and the other button
> should read stop.  I sent in a patch for this a long time ago, but it
> never got applied.

Attached is a patch that:
   1) scrolls the log window.
   2) Changes the sense of the DRC continue checking dialog which really was
        bad as you say.
   3) Fixes a dangling DRC check g_message() which I overlooked doing during the port.
   4) Adjusts the DRC draw centering to be 1/4 screen offset since the continue
        dialog is centered (under gtk control) and that was covering up the draw.

Bill