gEDA-user: searching in pcb

Hi,

The pcb manual says pcb uses regular expressions for searching
http://pcb.sourceforge.net/pcb-20050609.html/Regular-Expressions.html#Regular%20Expressions

One of the examples given is "TB." which is supposed to match only
terminal blocks that have one digit designator. But if I try "R." in the
dialog of select(elementsbyname) then all resistors are selected no
matter how many digits the designator has.

Also, "R1" selects not only the footprint R1 but also R11, R12, R13...
In other words, the search behaves like "R1*"

How do I do a search that matches "R1" only?

Can I search for a specific list of designators (i.e "R1, R15, U3, CONN2")?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx