Re: gEDA-user: Rotating selection in PCB

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 09:15:41AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I suggest that if someone click with rotate tool while having selection
> > highlighted, then a popup message comes out "It's not so easy. You have
> > to put it into a buffer and rotate there".
>
> Why would we want to add *that* message to PCB?  Why didn't you

To remove confusion of the user when he tries to rotate it intuitively
and it doesn't work.

> suggest we make the rotate tool rotate the selection if what you click
> on is selected?

I assumed that you would do it that way straight from the beginning if
it wasn't blocked by some internal design issue of the program. Because
you didn't do it I assume there is an internal issue making this
difficult so instead I suggested a solution that will at least decrease
the user's confusion.

CL<