Re: gEDA-user: max board size in pcb

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 08:05:49PM +1100, John Sheahan wrote:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
> >Someone was complaining on sci.electronics.design that "big design ==
> >big $$$" so I mentioned PCB.  I did some math and came up with a

What's the approx. board size limit for Orcad, Protel and these tools?

> >fantastically large "max" board in the lesstif HID version.
> >
> >Oh, and it worked too.  I had a 1/3 MILE square board on my screen.
> >
> >Yeah, 0.33 miles at 0.01 mil resolution.
>
> which fab did you use, and how much was shipping?

I got a non-serious idea about making a snowboard populated with SMD -
do you think fabs can do bent boards? And what functions to put there?
Blue underlight, velocity, altitude, GPS and temperature measurement and
logging, ghettoblaster and wireless/optical IPv6 connectivity with front
and rear webcam?

Has anyone a footprint library for Burton bindings?

CL<