Re: gEDA-user: Configuring layer colors and "route style" in PCB

And the second "problem": When I was browsing through the internet, searching for a answer on my first question, I saw images of PCB where the layer buttons on the left side are colored. Mine are all grey.
In the "Preferences" menu I can set the different layers, but they are set right.

It's likely a theme interaction.  There are some themes where the colors don't
show and I think it's possibly themes that have pixmaps for backgrounds
instead of just colors.  I don't know if there is a way around this, but
try some other themes to be sure.

Bill

I think your right: I tested some other designs in KDE, but it didn't change. But then I restarted X and selected Gnome, and it worked. Then I made another test and started "Window Maker", and it worked ditto. So there must be one of these 1000 options in KDE that is "blocking" the colors of the buttons. Another reason for using Gnome? ;-)