Re: gEDA-user: Tiling of PCB generated gerber files

On 3/14/06, Hyrum K. Wright <hyrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've designed a rather small board and would like to tile it so that I
> can produce several of those boards as one job.  I've tried a couple of
> tiling programs [1],[2], but neither of them works completely with the
> gerber files generated by PCB.

I wrote a script that creates a new PCB layout by arranging copies of
an existing PCB layout in a matrix. I use the script to quickly build
layouts where there is a lot
of repetition. The script creates new refdes's for each copy it places
but it would
be trivial to change it to copy existing refdes's. If the script works
for you and you
want the refdes behavior changed send me an email.

The script and documentation is at http://www.luciani.org/geda/util/matrix.html

N.B. I have performed limited testing on this script. Please check the output
carefully. Try this script on a copy of your layout in a temporary directory.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org