Re: gEDA-user: footprint name's max length

Thnks Jhon !

I typed worng and gsch2pcb generates as

Element(0x00 "" "" "" 0 0 120 0 3 100 0x00)
(
ElementLine(-110 -40 -110 40 20)
ElementLine(-110 40 -76 51 10)
ElementLine(-76 51 100 51 10)
ElementLine(100 51 100 -51 10)
ElementLine(100 -51 -76 -51 10)
ElementLine(-76 -51 -110 -40 10)

Pad(-55 -6
-55 6
69 20 75 "1" "1" 0x00000100)
Pad(55 -6
55 6
69 20 75 "2" "2" 0x00000100)

)-370L1-160W_On_Semiconductor(SOD123-370L1-160W_On_Semiconductor,Z501,43V)

Also gsch2pcb outputs .pcb file as 88M !

I will correct footprint name and see. I enjyou your newlib so much !

Thanks

Hiroshi

John Luciani wrote:

I have not seen any footprint name length problems using gsch2pcb.
Sometimes if there is more than one footprint with the same name you
can get the wrong one (this seems unlikely with a name like
SOD123-70L1W_On_Semiconductor).

I believe the original name of the footprint you are using is
SOD123-370L1-160W__On-Semiconductor. Did you
mistype in your email or did you modify and rename the footprint?

(* jcl *)