Re: gEDA-user: footprint name's max length

Ales Hvezda wrote:
[snip]

Shoud I use gschem2xpcb instead of gsch2pcb ?

	No you should use gsch2pcb.  Where did you find a reference or
mention of gschem2pcb?  Please let me know so I can remove it. Thanks.

Actually he said "gschem2xpcb" which is YAFAT (yet another forward annotation tool).

But yes, use gsch2pcb instead of gschem2pcb or gschem2xpcb. The former is much more widely used and supported. I think the main complaint which caused gschem2xpcb to exist is that gsch2pcb places all footprints on top of each other but PCB has an action to disperse elements.

-Dan